TPPA Executive Director Job Posting
Texas Public Power Association Executive Director
Texas Public Power Association (TPPA) is seeking an Executive Director to professionally lead and passionately represent public power with forward vision while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
Formed in 1978, TPPA represents the interests of public power providers in the state of Texas including municipally owned electric utilities, joint action agencies, and some electric cooperatives. TPPA provides many member resources and benefits, and serves as the industry’s voice on public policy matters affecting the public power industry.
The Executive Director will be responsible for leading TPPA through modeling organizational values, developing and maintaining productive relationships with key stakeholders, managing the TPPA team, managing financial resources, setting strategic focus and future vision while successfully navigating the complex legislative and regulatory landscape facing public power.
He or she will serve as a credible and respected resource in engaging state, federal and local officials with members’ governing bodies and in member communities.
Preferred characteristics include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication (oral and written), and people skills.
- Ability to be an effective legislative and regulatory advocate including writing testimony and comments, testifying before legislative bodies and working with a diverse group of stakeholders to achieve consensus.
- Ability to listen and recognize the needs and views of TPPA members, to communicate transparently, and to achieve positive results with a diverse membership.
- Knowledge about Texas, its people, its electric utility industry, its politics, and its manner of addressing public issues.
- Familiarity with the state and federal legislative processes and experience in orchestrating government relations efforts to achieve positive results.
- Bachelor’s degree Master’s degree or Law degree preferred.
- Successful and progressive experience in a professional leadership capacity, preferably in the public power industry in Texas including ERCOT.
- Knowledge of public power organizations and operations.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local government and regulatory agencies at all levels as well as an understanding of energy policies at the federal and state levels, electric sector, or legislative/regulatory area.
TPPA is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, and Veteran status.
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org